Tuesday, June 19, 2007

If only....

I could get my act together and do the OAMC thing! About a month ago, my neighbor and I got together and cooked freezer meals for my friend that is having the chemo treatments. We tripled everything so that we could enjoy some of the meals too. Oh my goodness, it has been GREAT. When my mom brought the twins home, I was able to pull out my spinach lasagna and just make a salad and bread. Last night, I popped in my meatloaf that I had defrosted earlier in the day. All I had to do was warm up leftover mashed potatoes ( that I turned into cheesy ones), make greenbeans and some bread. Seriously, if I could just motivate myself to come up with some healthy choices and then cook for the freezer once in awhile, then we might eat a little better around here. If only........ !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know, me too! This is one thing that just has to be planned for. Why not invite your friend over and do the same thing again only this time just for your freezer?

Trella said...

This is something that I have always wished I would/could do!! It just sounds so ideal:)

Christy said...

YUM I need to get your recipes...