Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July and a trip to Georgia!

I have been on the road quite a bit this summer. Noah and I went to Gulf Shores, and just recently returned from picking up the twins in Georgia. Before we left, we did celebrate July 4th. We had a few friends over to enjoy a cookout and some fireworks. This is the first year that we didn't actually buy any fireworks. The neighbors put on such a good show, that we really didn't need to. It was great. Here are some pics of our evening:

CC, Lindsey, and Kaleb

100_3026

Stacy, Madison, Logan, and Cole

100_3030

Me and Noah

100_3029

Those were the only pictures I managed to snap. I promise there were some men in attendance, but sometimes I feel like I am annoying people when I walk around with my camera. I just LOVE pictures though! Needless to say, we had a fun evening and enjoyed the fellowship! Two days later, Noah and I hit the road to Georgia. My parents keep my girls every summer for a couple of weeks. It has become a tradition that the twins look forward to. They have such a great time. This year they went to the aquarium, Six Flags, swimming, played nightly badminton games, played the Wii Rock Band with Uncle Nathan, and enjoyed keeping my sisters dog company! Noah and I joined them for a few days before heading home. We went to the pool:

Even though this pic is blurry, I love it. Noah jumping in! He is so active!

100_3034

Meredith showed us her hula hooping skills

100_3039

Madeline didn't want to smile but I took her pic anyway!!! Ha!

100_3042

Here is what they enjoyed doing each night! I even played with them and it was so much fun. I had to run out to Walmart and buy one for our backyard!

100_3053

100_3055

I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. We are today at one month exactly until school starts!!!! What???? We have one more fun thing planned and that is our family beach trip. We are heading out this Thursday for a week. I know it will be fun and I hope I can savor the last days of summer! :(

No comments: