Monday, August 06, 2007

Back to Blogging....

Whew!!! I need to catch my breath! What a busy past few weeks! We are gradually getting settled into the new house! We LOVE it! One of my friends said this and I totally agree...."it looks like you custom built it"! It really does, BUT we didn't have to go through the crazy building process. I tell you, when I look back at the 10 months that I fretted and waited rather impatiently, I can see how God's hand was on this situation. This home is just perfect for us and can I tell you how blessed we are to be in this neighborhood? Let's see, I think at least seven different people have come over to greet us. Friday night, we were invited over to our next door neighbors for dinner. They grilled out and made us some frozen drinks! It was heavenly after a busy week. The best part is that they are wonderful Godly people and just as sweet and down to earth as can be. I have also been invited to a weekly ladies coffee. All of the stay at home moms get together once a week at different houses to visit. I am so excited about that. Madeline and Meredith are surrounded by friends to play with. Across the street and next door are fourth graders....and they are GIRLS!!! Hooray! Gradually, I am seeing an end to the boxes. We still have a long way to go, but it is starting to feel like home. Unfortunately, I had a minor accident last week and either broke or jammed my toe. It is quite stiff and very difficult to walk around with! I pretty much hobble around lugging boxes and junk out to the garage. Of course, there are three steps that lead down to the garage so this is no easy feat! Oh well, that is life, & I am not complaining. I feel too blessed to do that! I hope all of my family and friends are off to a great start with their week! :) I look forward to posting on a more regular basis!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Your house is beautiful!! I love it and am so happy for you. Hopefully we can catch up later in the week.