Sunday, December 09, 2007

How Long does it take....

One Mother to completely clean out and re-organize two TEN year olds bedrooms? Well let me tell you.....all Saturday morning, and all Saturday afternoon. I made them try on every stitch of winter clothing and much to my dismay, the majority of it did NOT fit. We have about 3 bags of clothes to give to Goodwill and a whole bin to consign! I also made them go through all toys and knick knacks to donate as well! We completely organized their closets....they have shelves and if I owned a label maker, I would have labeled their shelves (hmmmm, that may be a future puchase)!!! We have a shelf for jeans, a shelf for other pants, a shelf for purses, etc. We dusted and vacumned and *hopefully* made it easier for them to actually put their things away in the proper place. If you knew what a huge sack of trash I threw out, you would be disgusted. One project down.....more to come!!!! Doesn't it sound like I had a FUN Saturday? ;) *** I just about fell over tonight when I took Noah into his room to get him ready for bed....he looked around and informed me that "someone had messed up his room"!!! He is much better at putting things away, then his sisters!!! I am trying to do a better job EARLIER with him on this and learn from my past mistakes!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I can't imagine because it takes me FOREVER to deep clean LG's room once a week. She is good about picking up after herself but dusting, vaccuming, ect... plus fixing what she didn't put away correctly takes FOREVER