Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflections on 2007!

I got the most fabulous present from my husband!!! This past weekend, he took the kids to Memphis and gave me TWO whole DAYS to myself! It was WONDERFUL! I slept late, drank coffee, read magazines, went to lunch twice, shopped, spent Christmas money, browsed the net, watched a super cute movie (Nanny Diaries), and just totally enjoyed myself! On Sunday morning, I got up and made coffee and climbed back in bed to spend time with the Lord. I actually had peace and quiet to reflect and pray. It was great. I made a whole list of goals for myself, my time with the kids, and my time with Greg. I will share some of those in a later post. I thought it would be fun to look back at a post I made almost a year ago. I don't like to think of these as resolutions, but goals! I am looking back to see what were successes and what are things to continue to work towards. Sooooooo here we go:

Wednesday, January 03, 2007
What I am hoping for 2007!

These are not resolutions or anything like that. I set myself up for failure when I post those. Instead, I am just going to write some things that I am praying will happen this year! Let me preface them by saying that I believe that God is sovereign and in control! I hope to be able to look back at these and see how he chose to answer!

1. I would like for the twins to breeze through multiplication! ( My family is not known for its strength in math!) *** THEY BOTH KNOW HOW TO MULTIPLY AND COMPLETED THIRD GRADE AS HONOR ROLL STUDENTS!!! ***

2. I would like to sell my house and move into a home that we can live in for a long time! ***BOY DID GOD ANSWER THIS ONE! AFTER A LONG WAIT,GOD BLESSED US WITH A BEAUTIFUL HOME IN A WONDERFUL NEIGHBORHOOD. I HOPE TO ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT HIS TIMING IS BETTER THEN MY OWN!!! ***

3. I would like for my parents to move closer. *** THEY ACTUALLY MOVED A LITTLE BIT FARTHER AWAY, BUT THIS JOURNEY IS NOT OVER AND THERE IS STILL A CHANCE OF THEM MOVING THIS WAY. THIS REMAINS ON MY PRAYER LIST FOR 2008! ***

4. I would like for Noah to potty train ( can it be easy too?) ***SUCCESS....IN JULY NOAH WAS COMPLETELY TRAINED. ***

5. I would like to have a full understanding of how a MAC computer works and not have to email Greg's cousin with tons of questions. *** WELL I CAN'T SAY THAT I AM A MAC MASTER, BUT I DO UNDERSTAND IT BETTER. LOTS MORE TO LEARN THOUGH!!! ***

6. I would like to start teaching ballet again ( part time of course). *** MAJOR ANSWER TO PRAYER...I STARTED TEACHING AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER, AND THEN GOD FLUNG OPEN SOME DOORS FOR ME AND I AM ABOUT TO START TEACHING AT A SCHOOL HERE IN MY CITY THAT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A PART OF. I WILL BE TEACHING 3 CLASSES A WEEK STARTING NEXT WEEK! ***

7. I would like to find a church that we can really grow in and be apart of ( and I would like to be there for a LONG time). *** CLOSER TO THIS GOAL.....WE ARE REGULARLY ATTENDING A CHURCH AND IT COULD BE THE ONE. WE ARE STILL PRAYING AND SEEKING. ***

8. I would like to be able to take really GOOD pictures. *** UNFORTUNATELY, I DID NOT DEVOTE THE TIME TO THIS AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED. THIS IS STILL A MAJOR GOAL OF MINE. I PROBABLY NEED TO TAKE A CLASS! ***

9. I would like to get my entire house organized ( I mean having everything in a place, labeled and sorted so that I never have to wonder where things are). *** ONGOING, BUT DEFINITELY SINCE THE MOVE, I AM MORE ORGANIZED. ***

10. I would like to end 2007 being able to say that I grew in my walk with the Lord and truly saw his hand work in my life throughout the year. ***YES I HAVE GROWN, BUT STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I TRULY DID SEE HIS HAND IN OUR LIVES THIS YEAR. IT HAS BEEN A GOOD YEAR, ALTHOUGH TRYING AT TIMES!!! ***

There you have it. Some of these may seem silly, but they are all things that I desire. I probably forgot a few things so I may have to update later. I am the type of person that has to write EVERYTHING down. It feels good to plan and dream! You should try it! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I am so glad we are friends :)

God has been so apparent in your life this year-what a huge inspiration to just stand by and watch!!!

Christy said...

I am back...

I am waiting for the pictures...

Just to let you know ;)