Friday, November 17, 2006

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

I got this recipe off of a website that I accidentally found. It is so easy to make these and they taste delicious. I have always just substituted unbleached white flour but one of these days I am going to make them the healthy way! ;)

Garlic Cheese Biscuits ( from The Family Homestead website)

1 C milk
1/3 C mayo
1 T cane juice crystals ( I use organic sugar)
2 C WW pastry flour ( I use white)
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 C grated cheddar cheese (I add a little more)
1/2 t garlic powder or chopped garlic
3 T melted butter

Mix milk, mayo, sugar, flour, baking powder, & salt until smooth and combined. Add cheese and use spatula to blend until it streaks through the batter. The batter should drop from spoon not pour so you can add more flour if needed. Divide batter into 12 greased muffin tins. Mix butter and garlic and spoon over top of biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Cool on rack for a few mins. These are best served hot. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Clay is going to love you...cheese biscuits are one of his favorite things! I can't wait to try this :)

Diane said...

Woah- looks good, can't wait to try it.