Monday, September 03, 2007

Busy Busy....

Well, my weekend was busier then I had planned, but still fun. Saturday night, we had some friends over for dinner. It was fun and I made two new Cooking Light recipes. Both were delicious and I will have to post the recipes. One was a lemon/lime cake....soooo yummy. Yesterday was church and then we were invited over to some new friends home for dinner. The girls ended up spending the night so we had a very quiet morning with just Noah to care for. We went and looked at furniture this afternoon ( didn't buy just looked) and then ran across the street for a little pool party. Noah and I came home early and are just waiting for daddy to come grill the chicken!!! It has been a lovely weekend, but my thoughts and prayers have drifted so often to Susan. This really puts things into perspective and causes me to realize how shallow alot of my thoughts and concerns are. I am so excited because I emailed her over the weekend and told her I was praying for her and to call me if I could do anything. Well she took me up on it and I am going over to her house tomorrow as soon as I drop little man off at preschool. I am thrilled that I can go to her house and keep her company. Please pray that I will be a blessing and that I will know just the right things to say and that encouragement would be the highlight of my visit. KEEP PRAYING.....I am just believing for her healing. Just today I got an email from Donna....my old neighborhood friend. She has a clean bill of health. The cancer is gone. I feel certain the Susan will get the same result. There is power in prayer!!!! :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I read her site-she is such a strong person. It really humbles me!!

I am glad you had a good weekend, I can't wait to actually talk to you in person!!

I am thinking we need a movie night. Maybe even a night OUT.

Anonymous said...

How was your visit with Susan?