Thursday, March 22, 2007

UPDATE to Prayer Request....

Finally heard from my friend via email. The cancer is evasive(or invasive..not sure how it is spelled), and she will have to have a masectomy and chemo. She goes today for a CT and bone scan. She said she is surprised at how well she is holding up. Thankfully she has parents nearby to help. PLEASE PLEASE keep her in your prayers and if anyone has any ideas of ways I can help, I am open. I already told her I would be happy to help with the girls,etc but her parents are helping in that way. I definitely want to bring her food, but I was thinking she would probably like that when she goes in for the surgery. I am planning to go to Lifeway today and get some sort of scripture encouragement book. I am open to any suggestions. I feel like God wants me to minister to this lady and I am just trying to figure out the best way to go about it. I can't imagine going through something like this when you are not necessarily walking with him! :(

3 comments:

Trella said...

I will continue praying! How wonderful that God has put you in her life to be blessing/witness during this time.

Christy said...

I would definately reccomend bringing meals to her! Clay's aunt just went through this last year and the chemo left her so weak and sick that she would be in bed days after each treatment.
Even though her parents live nearby I bet there will be times they would love for someone else to take the girls for an afternoon or night-and what a great opportunity for you to witness to those little girls as well!!
You are such a sweet friend, she and I am very lucky :)
One thing that Clay's aunt said that stuck in my mind the most was that people writing her cards, notes, and calling her throughout the treatments, not just in the beginning, meant the most to her.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to comment on blogger...but I've been praying for your friend. You are ministering to her by being there for her. When she wants to talk just listen. I believe she is holding up so well due to all of the prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated.