Saturday, February 03, 2007

Update on Judy.....

I got an email from Judy. She met with the urologist to go over her CT scan. He said that it is a 95% chance that it is renal cell carcinoma and 5% that it is just a benign tumor. The liver mass appears to just be a hemangioma ( I don't know if I spelled that correctly but regardless it is nothing to worry about). They are going to have to take her kidney out and then test the cancer but the dr feels certain that it is just Stage 1 and it doesn't appear to have spread to her lymph nodes. Judy seemed very positive although I am sure this is still a scary time. She asks that we continue to lift her up. I am praying that she will be in that 5 % group when they remove the tumor. She did say that the dr said that although she will have to get checked more regularly, he feels that once they do the surgery she will be able to get on with her life and be HEALTHY. Let's keep praying for a wonderful outcome and a safe surgical procedure!!! She will have her kidney surgery in two weeks! I will keep updating. THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is very encouraging!!