Saturday, December 16, 2006

Merry Christmas to me.......


Santa Claus came early to my house. Yesterday, I ran to the door when I heard the Fed Ex guy pull up in my driveway. He delivered my brand new 'Digital Rebel XTi'. I feel like I am 10 years old again. I am so excited! I have been reading on a photography board and today I tried the first "lesson", which is shooting in manual. I have always just shot in Auto, which is where the camera picks the settings ( ISO, shutter speed, and aperture). Manual, is where you select the settings. It isn't as easy as it sounds. So, while Noah napped, I wandered around the outside of my house looking for subjects to practice on. The flower above was one of my attempts. While it is by no means a masterpiece, I was thrilled that it came out relatively clear! I can't wait to take lots of Christmas pictures when we go to my parents. I have told my husband thank you so many times, that I hope he understands how much this gift means to me. Now I wait for two more lenses that were on back order. My kids better get ready to strike a pose. If you ever feel the need to be overloaded with pictures, then my blog will be the place to visit. I plan on putting my new "toy" to lots of use! :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

A- Congrats on your new camera! That's a gorgeous picture. I told Eden what you got and he said he's had his eye on that one! I would love to get it, the only problem is it's too bulky for every day use...for beautiful pictures though, that's the way to go. I can't wait to see tons of pics.

Diane