Tuesday, December 12, 2006

When it Rains, it pours...

The title says it all. It is literally raining outside, but we have a storm of sickness in our house! Since the end of last week, every person in our family has been ill. I am battling sinus stuff and all 3 kids have upper respiratory/bronchitis! I was really hoping that Meredith would be able to go back to school today but she is still not 100%. To say that I am frustrated, is an understatement. Last month, all 3 had strep, and now this. I feel like I need to Lysol every inch of my house. It seems like we are never going to all be healthy again! I guess I am just having a little pity party for myself. Life just has a way of coming in waves. There are the mountain tops and there are the valleys. At this point, it seems like the mountain top is far out of reach! I know that we have so much to be thankful for, and I am. I guess when you are dealing with sick kids, and circumstances that are beyond your control, the only thing you CAN do is trust in the Lord. Unfortunately, I feel like I am struggling in that area too. So, to all my sweet friends ( and my mom), I just ask that you pray for us. We need our health restored in this house. I need the pharmacist to forget what I look like, and I would like to be able to go a full 5 mins without hearing someone hacking up a lung!! My big accomplishment for this week, will be if I actually get to go to my hair appt on Thursday!!! PRAY!!! I am a sad sight! ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Andrea,
We went through the same thing this summer and it was very depressing! But I can say that for us, it was the last storm before the calm. I'll be praying that this holds true for you as well and that you are blessed with a season of "sunny"!
Love ya!

Andrea said...

Thank you for the encouragement Jenn! It has just been a hard season as you know. IT is nice to know that someone understands! :)